Airzone’s on-site analysis service quickly identifies the scope of site contamination and dramatically reduces assessment time and costs.
Traditional off-site analysis of groundwater, soil and air samples can take days or weeks while samples are collected, documented and sent to a laboratory for analysis. Analyzing air, water or soil samples on-site reduces the time and cost of assessment and allows clients to know their options for remediation sooner.
On-site analysis also accelerates site characterization time. Airzone staff analyze data from samples quickly, outlining the area of contamination and identifying areas where further drilling may be needed to accurately define remediation zones. On-site analysis avoids the common delays (and added costs) associated with off-site lab analysis, where collected samples found to be unsatisfactory require specialists to return to the site for further collection. Airzone quickly identifies the scope and extent of contamination with on-site sample analysis.
Our Experts Provide Accurate and Timely Results
- Comprehensive testing – Our experts have the capability and equipment to accurately measure air samples on site.
- Trusted for quality – Our on-site equipment meets the same accuracy and precision levels as commercial labs. Our quantitative results and detection limits stand up to scientific and regulatory scrutiny.
- Reduced costs – Reliable on-site analysis significantly reduces site characterization time and defines remediation zones more accurately leading to reduced overall project costs.
- Competitive pricing – Our on-site lab rates are cost competitive with the commercial lab rates.
- Leading experts – Our analysts deploy sophisticated instrumentation in a wide range of field situations.
Airzone serves a worldwide clientele with projects extending across Canada, Eastern Europe, Africa & South America and areas of the Arctic. Our clients represent a wide range of industries and government organizations, including:
- Oil and Gas
- Oil Sands
- Pulp and Paper
- Industry Associations
- Foundries and Smelters
- Municipal and Industrial Incinerators
- Fugitive emissions from oil-sand facilities and other petroleum release sites. On-site analyses of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), hydrocarbons (HCs) and reduced sulfur compounds (RSCs) from waste impoundments, mines, etc.
- Fugitive emissions from pulp and paper mills. On-site analyses of (RSCs) and VOCs.
- Emissions from landfarms and landfills. On-site analyses of HCs, VOCs and RSCs.
Representative Monitoring Projects
- Oil-sands emissions monitoring: Rapid analysis of samples from fugitive sources was required to allow redeployment of other equipment and to assist with characterizing the recovery efficiency of naphtha recovery units. HCs (over 60 compounds) and RSCs (over 15 compounds) were rapidly characterized (typically within hours) to achieve this. Data were used in Environmental Impact Assessments and to satisfy regulatory reporting requirements. Since 1981, this approach has been used for major oil sands processors in Canada in 12 major projects and several minor ones.
- Pulp and paper mills: On-site analysis of waste impoundments, spill areas and stacks was used to assist with process optimization. This allowed reduction in reagent materials and minimization of wastes leading to significant cost savings. As in the oil sands, data were used to assess overall site emissions and to demonstrate regulatory compliance. We have used this approach in over 40 major projects in Canadian pulp and paper mills.
- Paint manufacturing: On-site analysis defined naphtha contamination resulting from leaking underground storage tanks used for solvent storage at a major paint manufacturer. With these data, Airzone’s team quickly characterized the contamination zone and verified clean up.
- Remediation of petroleum release and PCBs in remote locations: On-site analysis of soil assisted with rapid delineation of the contamination zone at a remote northern Ontario Indian Reserve. On-site analysis was also used to confirm remediation results. The project was completed in four months. Four major multi-year projects of this type have been completed.